Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kirk Cousins, Robert Griffin III

The Washington Redskins have been a mess for quite some time, including their quarterback situation, but designated starter Kirk Cousins doesn’t think the whole ordeal with Robert Griffin III is a distraction.

Cousins is going to be the week 1 starter for the Redskins for the first time since being drafted in 2012. Griffin has always taken that part, but the decline in his career and ability had led him to the bench. Obviously, being a number two draft pick and allegedly the owner’s favorite, it’s not going to be a smooth transition between the two players, although Cousins doesn’t think that’s going to be a problem.

I don’t feel a distraction in the building. The distraction is if I turn on the TV, answer my phone, get on Twitter. As long as I’m in the building working hard and ignoring the noise even if there is something on the outside being said I don’t feel it. We’re playing in Washington, D.C., and for the Redskins and in the NFL, there’s always going to be something going on there and it’s so important to look forward and not look right or left.

Griffin is actually still not cleared to play again following a concussion. Once he’ll be cleared, the Redskins will declare him as their number two or number three quarterback. But two or three bad games from Cousins are going to bring the pressure back on Jay Gruden and the coaching staff to put Griffin on the field. Cousins isn’t thinking about that: He’s concerned about playing well, trying to block out all the noise.

You have to do your part and do well. I do feel believed in. I haven’t questioned that. I never questioned that. I have all the pieces around me to be successful.

This all might be redundant. Maybe Cousins is the answer for the Redskins at quarterback, but without a functioning offensive line (and the O-Line didn’t look very good during preseason), it’s hard to believe that anyone could do a very good job behind center in Washington.

Image: Source
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!