Tuesday, October 1, 2013

With the Milwaukee Brewers out of the playoff hunt, we as Wisconsinites and Tappers need to find a team to get behind. This is where I come to help and pick out who is worth rooting for in October.  

5.) Detroit Tigers - There is no real problems with the Tigers. I have zero beef with them. It is more like I have seen them play competitive baseball deep into October for the last five seasons and I like some variety. Seeing Detroit play in another World Series would be like eating chicken as your only meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two weeks. I hope people do not hold a grudge against Prince Fielder in Milwaukee. I would like to see him win a ring at some point of his career and I do not blame him one bit for leaving the Brewers. Sure, Miguel Cabrera is exciting too, same goes for Max Scherzer, but this team has been around too much.  

4.) Tampa Bay Rays - Hear me out on this one. I really do not want to watch games from Tropicana Field all of October. There is something about seeing this monstrosity that truly bums me out. In my opinion, October baseball should feature at least a couple players seeing their breath with camera shots of the fans bundled up. I realize the irony of this seeing as I cheer for the Milwaukee Brewers whom have a roof and it would probably closed for most of the playoffs. As for the Rays team, they are very root-worthy. David Price is a stud and pitched strong against Texas meaning he could be poised for a huge October. Evan Longoria is healthy which is great to see and they always present a chance to see a Delmon Young walkoff. 

3.) Boston Red Sox - I am a frequent reader of Barstool Sports and when their 'Blood Sweat Beards' t-shirt started showing up around the Sox's clubhouse, I almost had to buy in with this team. Barstool was the cherry on top because the beards had already pulled me in. As a man who as of today has not fully shaved since April 1st, I can truly respect all the beard growing. I also love this team's attitude and it would be a great bounce back for a team looking like they were heading for a couple rebuilding years. Since the early 2000's, I feel like there are not many better playoff venues in all of sports than Fenway Park. 

2.) Cleveland Indians - Do you know the Indians have not won the World Series since 1945? They have only been back once when they inexplicably lost to a Florida Marlins team when they had Albert Belle, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez to name a few.  The Indians might be a year out, but Terry Francona has this team believing again. Ubaldo Jimenez looks like the stud Cleveland wanted when they traded for him in July 2011, Nick Swisher has added an element, the play of Jason Kipnis and Michael Brantley has been excellent. Although Chris Perez giving up a walkoff homer in Game 5 of the ALDS would be the most Cleveland thing ever.

1.) Oakland's A - If you are not on Oakland's bandwagon, what's wrong with you? The A's are back from last year, a year older and year stronger as a team. Josh Donaldson could win AL MVP. Coco Crisp somehow hit over 20 home runs this season along with 20 stolen bases. The A's as a whole have went from the team with all the pitching to the team who can hit the living shit out of the baseball. Although their pitching staff is nice with the likes of Bartolo Colon, Sonny Gray and A.J. Griffin.  Oakland has not been to a World Series since 1990 and for once, Moneyball should win.  

Charlie.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!